Tuesday, April 17, 2007

JILL!

Jill’s Digital Art Evalutaion

I am really glad that I was able to read Jill’s self evaluation before checking out her work because it gave me a great idea of the process she used to complete her digital art project. I enjoyed reading about her original inspiration and plan for her project, her own photo of her own shoes, and then her process of emulating her idea through watercolor. I think Jill’s work is a reflection of hard work, considering she drew out each template, with the same precision that I have seen in all of her work. We used very different methods for our project and I love Jill’s piece because it was 100% created by her, with no internet-stolen or copied images. I feel like she really challenged herself with this project and expressed in her evaluation that she did not know the programs very well that were required to create the project, but I think that she did a wonderful job putting it together despite that setback. The project is 100% original and very well thought out and it required a high level of technical ability off of the computer in her drawings. The work’s strong points are it’s captivity of the audience, considering I watched it for many cycles to figure out exactly what was going on, and it’s originality and beauty. I think it’s weak point is its fluidity, but on the other hand, I think that the chopped aspect to it makes it visually interesting. Though she says herself that it did not come out exactly as her vision had planned, I think she came through with a pretty solid piece.

No comments: